In honor of Michelle Obama’s recent heckle-handling, here are my top ten heckler videos.
10. When you come to see a political comic, don’t be surprised when he gets political. And when you question his knowledge, you better damn well know what you’re talking about.
9. Just because it’s your birthday doesn’t mean it’s your show.
8. When the comedian asks what you do, be honest – we think quicker than you do. Don’t try to outrun a sprinter and don’t try to out-wit a comedian.
7. Here’s one in story form – the story of the time a woman was so drunk she was completely unaware of her surroundings.
6. A bit of a departure from traditional heckling, this is what happens when someone flips a fellow motorist off on the way to the show – only to find out he flipped off the headliner.
5. Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
4. Here’s where alcohol and ego truly take over, and things get violent. I wasn’t even on stage for this one (with special guest Rich Vos).
3. Everyone gets a turn to be made fun of. If you’re willing to laugh when someone else is mocked, why freak out when its your turn?
2. This guy thought his opinion mattered more than anyone else in the room. His date disagreed with him – to the point of ditching him halfway through the show.
1. This one is the most common heckle. There’s no “you suck” or “boo” – its just someone who thinks that “correcting” the comedian helps the show somehow.